St. Louis Personal Injury Lawyers
Hire an award winning St. Louis Traffic Law Firm to fight for you.
At Drivers Defense Counsel, we are dedicated to protecting the rights of good people who have been wrongfully injured or wrongfully accused. We believe in second chances, and you’re in good hands if you choose our firm as your legal counsel. We’ve been featured in media outlets such as…
A top rated personal injury law firm helping accident victims in the greater St. Louis, Missouri area
Every day across the USA there are thousands of people injured in accidents and many of those happen right here in the St Louis, Missouri area. These personal injuries result from such things as automobile accidents, accidents that happen in the workplace and negligence on the part of business and property owners. Often these are cases where the injured party was hurt through no fault of their own, but that does not change the fact that many times they are left with painful injuries that need to be treated and the mental duress that goes along with that.
Careless and negligent acts by others that have caused personal injury to you can change your life forever in the blink of an eye. In many cases, these personal injuries can leave you with debilitating conditions that require numerous hours of treatment and therapy, painful surgeries, permanent disabilities and an unending stream of expensive medical bills that keep piling up.
When this happens to you it is not only important to have access to all of the medical attention that you require, but to make sure that your legal rights to compensation under the law are fully protected also. If you or a loved one has suffered a personal injury that was sustained as a result of either a negligent or wanton act of another person, then your best option is to seek legal representation from a competent and experienced personal injury lawyer.
Please read on further to see what types of personal injury cases we can help you with and why it is in your best interest to hire an experienced St. Louis personal injury lawyer like us.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
When you are injured mentally, physically or emotionally because of the negligent actions of another person or business, you have a case which falls under what is called personal injury law (commonly referred to as ‘tort’ law in the legal system). The following are some of the types of injuries that you may be entitled to compensation for under personal injury laws.
Auto accident cases are by far the most common type of personal injury case that is heard by the courts in America. These types of accidents are typically caused by such things as a defendant who was texting while driving (distracted driving), failed to observe the rules of the road, was driving too fast for the conditions, or was driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. When you suffer a personal injury due to another driver’s carelessness or negligence while they are operating a motor vehicle, you are often entitled financial compensation under the law to make you whole again.
Workplace injuries are handled somewhat different than other types of personal injuries in Missouri because of the way workers’ compensation is handled in the state. Missouri law requires all businesses that employ five or more people and all construction companies to carry workers’ compensation insurance. This type of insurance is what is called a “no fault” type of insurance because it is not necessary for you as the injured party to prove fault on the employer’s part. In most cases, as long as you did not show willful negligence that directly caused the workplace accident, you most likely will be able to pursue a valid workers’ compensation claim.
Missouri property owners have a legal responsibility to keep their premises free of potential dangers and in a reasonably safe condition; this type of law is known as ‘premises liability’ law. Premises liability makes it a property owner’s duty to warn of potential hazards that may exist on their property and when appropriate take steps to correct these dangerous conditions. If they fail to do this in any way and you are injured as a result, you may very well be entitled to seek a premises liability claim against that property owner. Our experienced St. Louis personal injury lawyers are experts at handling even the most complicated premises liability cases to get you the financial compensation you deserve when a property owner does not maintain his premises in a safe condition as demanded by law.
Motorcycle accidents can often result in serious injuries to you or cause the loss of life of a loved one. If your injuries or your loved one’s loss of life were the result of wrongdoing or negligence on another driver’s part, you may very well be entitled to a personal injury or wrongful death claim and be entitled to seek damages as a result. Although money can never compensate for the loss of a loved one or fix a permanent disability; it can do such things as replace lost income and pay for extended medical treatments. When another driver injures you or causes the death of a loved one, our expert legal team will do everything in our power to make sure that driver is held legally accountable for their negligent actions.
Commercial truck drivers are professional drivers that are called upon to handle their massive vehicles in a safe and responsible manner; when they don’t this can result in accidents that all too often can cause catastrophic injuries and even death. The Missouri Department of Public Safety estimates that commercial trucks are involved in over 10,000 accidents each year in the state. If you or a loved one have suffered an injury (or the tragic loss of a loved one) as the result of a trucking accident that was no fault of your own; our highly skilled legal firm will fight on your behalf to make sure that you and your loved ones are able to receive the maximum amount of compensation possible under the law.
Catastrophic injuries are those injuries sustained in an accident that often leave a victim with life altering traits such as permanent disabilities, post-traumatic stress and severe daily pain; these types of damages are irreversible no matter how much treatment a victim receives. A person may never be able to work again as a result of their injuries and often times those injuries significantly shorten a victims life span. If you have suffered a catastrophic injury as a result of a negligent or wanton act by another party, then you have a strong case that may entitle you to compensation that goes well beyond those of the relevant medical expenses.
The death of any loved one has far reaching consequences that go well beyond the heart wrenching grief and it is especially troubling when your loved ones death was the result of negligence or misconduct on the part of another. Personal injuries that result in wrongful death to a loved one often create huge financial burdens from the loss of a loved one’s income, irreplaceable loss of companionship and produce the lingering impact of deep emotional scars.
No lawyer, no matter how skilled they are, will ever be able to get you enough compensation to replace the loss of a loved one due to a personal injury accident. But if you choose to obtain legal counsel to pursue a wrongful death claim and the courts honor it, then it may help make your life and the lives of the others who are left behind more manageable. We have a compassionate and skilled legal team standing by to help you obtain the justice and compensation you are often entitled to for a legitimate wrongful death claim.
Important Reasons for Hiring Trusted St. Louis Personal Injury Lawyers
If you have been an innocent victim of a personal injury accident, retaining the services of a competent and experienced personal injury attorney can help make your life easier in many ways. Navigating through the complicated waters of a personal injury claim can be treacherous for those who choose to go it alone, but a personal injury lawyer knows how to make the claim process sail along smoothly.
There is no way of knowing if a personal injury claim will be honored by the legal system, but one thing is for sure, your chances of being awarded a claim go up significantly when you retain proper personal injury legal counsel. It also increases the chances your case may be resolved without ever having to go through the emotional courtroom process.
The goal of any personal injury claim is to be made as whole as possible again by having all of your relevant medical expenses paid, earnings from lost wages replaced and having your future financial needs met because of continuing medical treatment or drastically reduced earning potential. A good personal injury lawyer can certainly help you with this process. A properly litigated claim can also result in such things as compensation for mental anguish, compensation for long term pain and even help you get some justice and compensation for the tragic loss of a loved one.
Here is a list of ten very good reasons why you definitely need to consider retaining the services of an experienced personal injury lawyer:
- Initial Claim Assessment: Because of their vast amount of experience handling personal injury claims, a lawyer can tell you right away if you have grounds for a legitimate personal injury lawsuit. There is no need to waste your time or effort on a claim that is most likely to be denied.
- Denied Claims = No Fees: A majority of personal injury lawyers’ work on what is known as a ‘contingency basis’. Simply put, this means if your claim is denied by the courts you will not have to pay any attorney’s fees. This also gives your attorney big incentive to use all of their ability to obtain a successful outcome.
- Cut Through Red Tape: Personal injury claims are complex legal proceedings no matter how strong your case may be. Experienced personal injury attorneys know how to file paperwork, sift through red tape, simplify complex medical reports and do other tasks that are pertinent to the successful pursuit of your claim.
- They Know How to Establish a Competent Accident Investigation Team: No personal injury claim was ever honored that was not backed up by cold hard evidence. Your attorney will know how to obtain all the important documents and put together a skilled investigation team to help you get your claim litigated successfully.
- Lawyers are Objective: Chances are you will be going through a lot of emotions during the claims process that may affect your ability to think clearly; victims quite often suffer from mental duress, anger and frustration after the accident and during the legal process. Your attorney will remain objective throughout and counsel you toward making the decisions necessary to ensure you are properly compensated for your claim. They will lean on their experience to know when it’s time to settle the claim or proceed to trial.
- They are Fully Aware of Alternative Dispute Resolutions: the outcome of jury trials is never a foregone conclusion; your attorney will know when it is in your best interest to try and settle the matter out of court. They may counsel you to seek a resolution through alternate means such as mediation or arbitration.
- Experience Handling the Defense Lawyers: There will be a lot for your attorney to deal with as far as the defense attorney is concerned. Your lawyer will be well versed in dealing with such parts of the claim procedure as fact finding and the disclosure of other important documents.
- Experience Dealing with Insurance Companies: When you pursue a personal injury claim where an insurance company has been named as a defendant, you can rest assured that you will be going up against a skilled team of lawyers whose sole purpose is to see you get little or no money for your claim. Your attorney is well aware of their tactics and will not be bullied into settling the claim for an unsatisfactory sum.
- Get the Fairest Settlement: It is no secret that the vast majority of personal injury lawsuits will never see the inside of a courtroom. Most cases are resolved by a negotiated settlement; this means the plaintiff (you) will give up your right to sue in exchange for an agreed upon sum from the defendant(s). Your personal injury lawyer will see to it that you have your claim resolved both quickly and in your favor.
- Receive a Favorable Verdict: In the rare case that your lawsuit goes to trial, your attorney will know how to expertly handle this complicated legal proceeding. They will develop a legal strategy that uses all of their resources to produce a verdict that is favorable to you and entitles you to the maximum compensation possible.
Get a Free Personal Injury Lawyer Consultation Today
By now it is probably easy for you to see that hiring proper legal counsel can be crucial to the successful litigation of your personal injury claim. If you have a legitimate claim based on a personal injury that was the result of neglect or a wanton act by another party, then it is in your best interest to secure legal representation as soon as possible and get a competent and experienced St Louis Personal Injury Lawyer working on your behalf.